Alexander Vitalyevich Chernov was born in 1975 in Ekaterinburg (Russia). In 1982 he entered the specialized music school of the Ural State Conservatoire named after M. P. Mussorgsky and studied under world well-known teachers Anna Arshavskaya, Natalya Litvinova, and Irina Renova. Since 1991 he studied in the class of world famous musician Evgeny Levitan, professor of the Ural State Conservatoire, Honored Worker in the Arts of the Russian Federation. Later he continued his education in the class of Professor Evgeny Levitan as a student of the Ural State Conservatoire named after M. P. Mussorgsky which he had entered in 1993. In 1998 he graduated with Honors from the Conservatoire and in 2001 he finished the post-graduate course. He is a prize-winner of the following music competitions:
– I International Vladimir Krainev Young Pianists Competition (Kharkov, Ukraine, 1992). The First Prize, special prize of “The Virtuosos of Moscow” chamber orchestra directed by Vladimir Spivakov.
– VIII International José Iturbi Piano Competition (Valencia, Spain, 1992).
– International Maria Canals Piano Competition (Barcelona, Spain, 1999).
– International Piano Competition “New Acropol”(Madrid,Spain,2001).
– IX International Pacific Piano Competition (Richmond, Canada, 2003).
– International Performers Forum “Art and Education of 21 century” (Mantta, Finland-Stockholm, Sweden, 2011),1 Prize.
-Carnegie Hall American Protegee International Concerto Competition (New-York,USA,2013),2 Prize.
– International Art Competition (Amsterdam,Holland,2014),1 Prize.
– London Grand Prize Virtuoso Piano Competition (2016),1 Prize.
– Vienna Grand Prize Virtuoso Piano Competition (2018),1 Prize.
– International Piano Competition “Nikolay Rubinstein”(Paris,France),1 Prize.
– World Music Competition (Vienna,Austria,2018),1 Prize.
Participant of 10 Tchaikovsky International Competition (1994).
Alexander Chernov has gained good experience in performing solo and chamber concertos as well as with the orchestra in many prestigious concert halls of Europe (Germany, Italy, Spain, France, Ukraine, Finland, Sweden, Russia/including concerts in the Bolshoi Hall of the Conservatoire in Moscow/) and America (USA/including performances in New York in Carnegie Hall,Rockefeller Univercity/,Austria /Musikverein/, Canada) and others with many outstanding musicians such as Vladimir Spivakov and “The Virtuosos of Moscow” Chamber Orchestra, Sarah Caldwell (Boston Opera), Manuel Galduf (Spain), Eugeny Brazhnik (Russia), Dmitry Liss (Russia),Enhe and many others. His performances were also broadcast on radio and TV.
Alexander Chernov is a participant of different world International music festivals both in Russia and abroad. A. Chernov is active as a concert-giving pianist, performing in different cities and towns of Russia and abroad. He also took part in the masterclasses of Vladimir Krainev in Moscow (Russia).He passed performing and pedagogical internship in Moscow State Tchaikovsky Conservatory(head Elisso Virsaladze). Very often he himself ran a masterclasses as a performer and a piano-teacher in different cities of Europe and also in Vancouver and Richmond (Canada).
He also was awarded by Prizes of Governor of Sverdlovsk region and Mayor of Ekaterinburg,and marked by Honorary Sertificate of Ministry of Culture of Chelyabinsk regione “for high performances achievements”.
In 2000-2008 he worked as a teacher of the special piano chair at the Ural State Conservatoire named after M. P. Mussorgsky (Ekaterinburg). Since 2010 he has been working as an associate-professor of the special piano chair at the Chelyabinsk State Academy of Culture and Arts. Among his students are 8 prize winners of International music competitions.Also he is a member of organizing Committee of International Stanislav Neuhaus Piano Competition(Chelyabinsk).