- Rándal Ortiz was born in Bucaramanga, Colombia. He started at the age of 18 years old to study piano at Universidad Industrial de Santander with Jairo Calderón Herrera then at Universidad Nacional Experimental de las artes (UNEARTE) Piano Major in Caracas, Venezuela with David Ascanio and private lessons with Lise Frank .
Teacher in privates music schools and pre-university courses in Universidad Industrial de Santander (2002 – 2007).
Teacher at Escuela Experimental de Música Manuel Alberto López (EEMMAL) en Caracas, Venezuela (2008 – 2010).
Significant solo recitals:
– Opening recital “First Music Festival UIS” Bucaramanga, Colombia (2004)
– Didactic piano recital in Latin American Music Education Forum (FLADEM) Pamplona, Colombia (2008)
– Solo and chamber performances in Santa Catarina Music Festival (FEMUSC) Jaraguá Do Sul, Brasil (2016)
– Performances in Colombia, Venezuela, Brasil, Austria and United States.
-First Honorable mention prize “X National Piano Competition UIS” Bucaramanga, Colombia (2005)
– Honorable mention with very good results, Rising Stars Grand Prix International Music Competition. Berlin, Germany (2017).
– Third prize winner, Grand Prize Virtuoso International Music Competition, invited to perform in the ceremony awards at Wiener Saal. Salzburg, Austria (2018).
– Second prize winner, Golden Classical Music Awards, invited to perform in the ceremony awards at Weill Recital Hall at Carnegie Hall. New York, United States (2018).
– First prize winner, IMKA International Internet Music Competition. Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina (2019)
– World premiere: Elegía para un instante (Elegy for an instant) for piano and orchestra Venezuelan composer Carlos Mejía (2010).
-Falcón Symphony Orchestra. Santa Ana de Coro, Venezuela.
-Venezuela Philharmonic Orchestra. Caracas, Venezuela.
– J. S. Bach F minor keyboard concerto performanced in Santa Catarina Music Festival (FEMUSC) Brasil (2016).