Cao Hoang Linh was born in 15/12/2006 in Moscow (12 years old). He had studied violin with teacher Do Xuan Thang at Vietnam National Academy of Music since 2014. As a student who are considered among one of the best pupils in the String department, he has received high praises from teachers and professionals for his performances.
In 2016 and 2017 Cao Hoang Linh was awarded a full scholarship to attend the International Music Sessions (IMS), a summer music camp in La Jolla and New York Sessions, USA. In 2017, Cao Hoang Linh studied at the String Summer Institute at the University of North Texas, where he was a student of Professor Julia Bushkova. At both places he was also evaluated as a promising young talent through his impressive performances.
Also in 2017, Cao Hoang Linh was awarded the “Vietnam Classical Music Young Talent” award and was invited to perform in the “Vietnam Connection Music Festival – VNCMF 2017” concerts series.
Cao Hoang Linh attended several international music competitions and achieved many successes:
- First prize of Chiangmai Ginastera International Music Competition (Thailand);
- First prize of Skriplandiya International Violin Competition (Saint-Petersburg, Russia);
- Second prize of Gliere International Music Competition (Moscow, Russia);
- Diploma of Gnessin International Violin Competition (Moscow, Russia);
- First prize of “Grand Prize Virtuoso” London International Music Competition (England).
Cao Hoang Linh performed with some orchestras in Vietnam. He was honored to be invited to perform at the UK’s Royal Albert Hall (London, England) in April 2019. He was also honored to be invited to perform in Poland at the end of June 2019 as one of the 5 best winners in the history of the Ginastera competition.