Fabrizio Furci is a guitarist, teacher, composer and arranger.
He studied at the Conservatory in Udine – where he graduatet in classical guitar with honors in 2004 – and in Trieste where he also studied composition, musical direction and music education (2009)
After his studies with Francesco Romano and Pierluigi Corona he improve with some important guitarists, musicians and teachers: Stefano Bellon, Scott Tennant, David Russell, Alirio Diaz, John Hart, Jerry Bergonzi, Gerardo Nunez, David De Elias.
As a solo guitarist he won prices by participating in both national 0nd international competitions:
– third prize at the “International Competition for Young Instrumentalists” of Povoletto (UD),
– first overall prize at the “F. Schubert” International Competition of Ovada (1998) (Monferrato),
– second prize at the “Competition of the Musical Guitar Field” of Orvieto (1999)
– second prize in the Cheltenham Guitar Festival Summer School competition (2010)
– Third prize at the Cittadella International Music Competition “CittY
– Second prize at the Cittadella International Chamber Music Competition of Cittadella (2018) in duo with mezzo-soprano Liliia Kolosova
-First prize International music competition “North music competition” Stockholm
-Second prize, Rotary music competition, Madrid
-Second prize Imka music competition, Sarajevo
He has played in France, United States, United Kingdom, Italy and regularly performs in solo recitals and chamber ensembles.
He composes and arranges music for guitar, plectrum orchestra, and, as a teacher, he has written and arranged music for ensembles with which he is from time to time working as a teacher.
He wrote an educational method for the guitar – “Basic voicing: the accompaniment of the melody on the guitar” – which focuses his attention on the harmony related to the melody on the guitar.
In 2017 he decided to deepen his studies on musical interpretation and guitar literature with Maestro Stefano Viola at the “J.Tomadini” Conservatory of
Udine. From 2017 he embarked on an artistic partnership with the Russian opera singer Liliia Kolosova with whom she formed a duo.
He teaches guitar and music theory in various public and private music schools and, since 2010, is a guitar teacher in middle school music (Castelfranco Veneto 2009/2011, Conegliano 2011/2016, Cividale del Friuli 2016 / today)