My name is Julia Michalska. I was born in 2003, and I live in Poland.
I started playing the piano when I was seven years old. The first school I attended was a music school – Poznańska Ogólnokształcąca Szkoła Muzyczna I st. nr 2 im. Tadeusza Szeligowskiego.
Since I got into this school I’ve been dreaming of becoming a professional pianist, but I was struggling with stage-fright. However, I did not want to give up, so I still performed a lot, and finally felt more at ease on stage. My family has always supported me, which has helped me develop and overcome my limitations.
Since 2016 I’ve been attending music high school – Poznańska Ogólnokształcąca Szkoła Muzyczna II st. im. Mieczysława Karłowicza. My teacher is Mrs. Agata Malińska. I perform a lot as a solo pianist and a chamber musician.
I’ve received awards in the following national and international competitions:
- I National Piano Competition “Young Piano Virtuosos” in Poznań (2017) – 2nd Prize
- National Piano Competition “Young Pianists Forum” in Poznań (2018) – 2nd Prize
- Apolinary Szeluto Piano Festival in Słupca (2019) – 3rd Prize
- International Music Competition in Belgrade (2020) – 1st Prize
- International Piano Festival Gloria Artis in Vienna (2020) – 3rd Prize
- I International Online Instrumental Performance Competition (2021) – 2nd Prize, Special Award
- Piano Competition “Polish music and more” in Gorzów (2021) – 2nd Prize
- International Music Competition OPUS (2021) – 2nd Prize
- International Internet Music Competition “IMKA” in Sarajevo (2021) – 1st Prize
I’ve also received the Award of the City of Poznań for special achievements in 2018 and 2020.
I have participated in many master classes under supervision of Joanna Ławrynowicz-Just, Edward Wolanin, Joanna Marcinkowska, Karol Radziwonowicz and others.
Moreover, I play the harpsichord and furthermore, last year I started learning jazz. I find it very interesting because it helps me interpret the music pieces I play differently, and it develops my understanding of music.