Irmina Brudny was born in 2002.
At first, Irmina did not know what a music school was. She thought that was a place to learn
ballet. She did not know that people learn to play instruments there. However, once she realized it,
she became fond of playing the keyboard. When she went for consultations before the exams to the
music school, she asked if there was a possibility to play the organ (then she did not know she meant
”piano”). However, the school did not offer the possibility of playing the organ. A woman Irmina was
talking to started mentioning the names of other instruments which were actually available. After a
few moments, Irmina decided to play the classical guitar.
She started learning playing the guitar at the age of 7.
The first school Irmina attended was a music school of the name of Grażyna Bacewicz in
Warsaw (ZPOSM No 3 in Warsaw). She was attending there for 6 years. Then her guitar teacher was
Anna Kałuzińska. Irmina also started learning playing the piano there (5th grade). The next 6 years
she attended second – level music school of the name of Marian Sawa (named since 2020) (ZPSM No
1 in Warsaw). Then her guitar teacher was Janusz Raczyński.
Over the years, Irmina has played a lot of concerts in various Polish places, for example:
- The ”CBR” – Central Agricultural Library – in Warsaw (2015)
- Mazowiecki Instytut Kultury – Mazovian Cultural Institute – in Warsaw (2016)
- Centrum Łowicka in Warsaw (2016, 2019)
- “SCEK” – The Capital City’s Cultural Education Center – in Warsaw (2017, 2018)
- Chamber Hall of Polish National Radio Symphony Orchestra in Katowice (2018)
- The Ballroom of The Royal Castle in Warsaw (2018, 2019)
- Redutowe Rooms of the Grand Theatre–National Opera in Warsaw (2019)
- Lubuskie Towarzystwo Muzyczne – Lubusz Music Society – of the name of Henryk Wieniawski in
Zielona Góra (2019).
Irmina took part in many master classes, for instance with:
- Marek Pasieczny (2012, 2017)
- Marcin Zalewski (2012, 2020)
- Ewa Jabłczyńska (2014)
- Dariusz Kupiński (2014)
- Jerzy Koenig (2014)
- Marcin Siatkowski (2016)
- Tatiana Stachak (2016)
- Leszek Potasiński (2017)
- Robert Horna (2017)
- Krzysztof Pełech (2017)
- Finn Svit (2017)
- Pavel Steidl (2017)
- Andrea De Vitis (2017)
- Michał Nagy (2018)
- Janusz Raczyński (2018, 2019).
Irmina also took part in different guitar competitions such as in:
- Elbląg (2012) – 3rd Prize
- Lublin (2012) – 2nd Prize
- Kielce (2012) – Distinction
- Warsaw (2015) – Grand Prix, 1st Prize
- Warsaw (2018) – 2nd Prize, Special Prize
- Chełm (2019) – Distinction
- Płock (2019) – 2nd Prize
- Warsaw (2020) – 2nd Prize.
On April 23, 2021, Irmina graduated the school. Despite the funny and unusual beginnings
Irmina knows that playing the classical guitar is her passion and she would not change it for a
keyboard or an organ. She develops her skills every year so as to become a world-famous guitarist.